Sunday, August 15, 2010

book blogger hop (1)

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is a meme from Crazy for Books. This is my first week participating! The question is:

How many books do you have on your 'to be read shelf’?

I'm actually afraid to find out.

I attended ALA this past June in Washington DC and got a lot of books. I am excited about all of them. They taunt me. 

I usually have 20-30 books checked out on my library card. I work at a library and I just can't help myself! But out of all the books I checkout, I probably only get about 10% of them read before they need to be returned. I have a constant fine on my card which is ridiculous since I'm at the library practically every day.


Lastly, I review books for a middle school librarian who runs a blog geared towards school media centers. There are about 10 of us who review for her. She gets books from publishers and every few weeks I stop by and pick up a few. I have six in that pile right now. Begging to be read. 

I wish (more often than I'd like to admit) that Hogwarts was real and that I wasn't a muggle and that Hermione would loan me her time turner. Just so I could sleep/read/work all at the same time.  Sadly, fantasy is just that--fantasy.

5 comments:

Lily said...

I also work at a library, and must tell you I usually have over 60 books out on my card. In all fairness, however, I have a husband and six children who will order things, and then I check them out on my card when I work :).

Welcome to the hop! Stop over and see me at www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com.

~Lily, your newest follower.

Alissa said...

Hello, thought I'd stop by from the Hop! :]

I agree - borrowing Hermione's time turner would really help me keep up with my reading schedule.

Jennifer said...

What's the other book blog you review for? I'm an elementary school librarian and I'm always looking for new resources.

Kelly said...

Eek about those constant library fines! I would be fine free if I didn't keep lending my library card to my little sister, who misplaces books all the time and returns them weeks after the due date :(
Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way :)

resugo said...

the book blog for school media centers is kissthebook.blogspot.com It's a great sight.
Thanks for visiting me!