Tuesday, August 31, 2010

august reading roundup

Books I've read this month:
Low Red Mood by Ivy Devlin
Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer
Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles (review)
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (review)
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Caleb + Kate by Cindy Martinusen-Coloma (review)
The Half-Life of Planets by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin (review)
Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
Benny and Babe by Eoin Colfer
The Goats by Brock Cole (review)
Bruiser by Neal Shusterman (review)
And Then I Found Out the Truth by Jennifer Sturman
Forgive my Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Dark Life by Kat Falls (review)
Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken (review)

I read Forgive my Fins and Dark Life right after each other and though I enjoyed both, I am not a big fan of living in water. Spending a few hours in water is about my limit. Days and months and years is more than I could handle. Reading them kind of made me physically uncomfortable, kind of clammy. I don't think I was imagining my fingers wrinkling like raisins.

No comments: