Saturday, January 15, 2011

in my mailbox (11)

I got a lot of really awesome books this week at the ALA midwinter conference. These are a few that I'm super excited about. My camera is being a pain so these were taken with my phone--not the best pics.

Corsets and Clockwork Story Collection
Lost and Found by Shaun Tan
What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
(so excited! I love Dessen)
The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
(I'm a huge Marchetta fan. Loved saving Francesca and Jellico Road)
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Back When You Were Easier To Love by Emily Wing Smith
Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
(such a beautiful looking book-and it's just an arc)
Like Maderine by Kristen Hubbard
Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey
(huge harvey fan here)
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
(yay! yay! yay!)
Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
(already read, massively in love with this book)
Nightspell by Leah Cypress
Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley
Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade
(I own The Ghost and the Goth but haven't read it yet, now I must so I can read this one!)

The very last day of the conference most of the publishers sell or giveaway their hardcover and paperback display copies. Half of these I bought for $5 each, the other half I got for free. If I'd had more cash with me, I probably would have bought more. It's an addiction.
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
(I need to read this!)
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
(loved this book-beautiful writing and touching story)
Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
(need to read this one, too!)
Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
(loved this book!)
Nightshade by Andrea
Rosebush by Michele Jaffe
(this book intrigues me lots...must read)
The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala
Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien
(love this book. Can't wait for the next)
Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card
Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John 

in my mailbox is a meme hosted by kristy at The Story Siren



14 comments:

Brodie said...

Divergent! Divergent! Divergent! Wolfsbane! So many more fantastic books that I want to name, but you'd probably get annoyed with me!

So lucky, glad you scored some awesome books from ALA. Oh how I'd love to go there one day *sigh* Enjoy reading!

Alix said...

Wow! Such fab reads. ENJOY!

I am dying of jealousy that you have the new Sarah Dessen :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! AWESOME BOOKS! Wolfsbane? The new Dessen? Haunting Violet?? LUCKY!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Look at all of these books!! This is an explosion of awesome. I want them all! I can't wait to see your reviews of all of these. Here is what I got this week, though it's not nearly as awesome as your haul! Enjoy reading your pile of amazing!

Belinda said...

What a cool mailbox this week. Hope you have fun reading :)You can find my IMM at The Bookishsnob

Anonymous said...

I've heard some great things about some of these books: Five flavors of Dumb, Fixing Delilah, Delirium, ect. I'm curious what you think of The Water Wars. It's peaked my interest but I want to read some reviews of it first. Happy Reading! And thanks for stopping by Read It, See It

Alison Can Read said...

Great reads! So jealous of you ALA people. Especially for Nightspell and Where She Went.
New follower!
My IMM

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a ton of great looking books! Haha, book buying is an addiction. :D I love Sarah Dessen too, I can't wait for What Happened to Goodbye to be released, looking forward to your thoughts on it. I hope you enjoy your books!

Amber said...

Wow, you had an epic week of books too. I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of Nightbane. Can't wait to read what you think of it and your million other amazing titles. Happy reading!

Enna Isilee said...

Oh. Divergent and Wolfsbane! I'm so jealous I could cry. I don't suppose you'd be willing to share? ;)

Someday I vow to go to ALA and/or BEA. Someday.

resugo said...

Enna--I love sharing books. I'd be happy to loan them to you. I'll see you at the King's English in Feb? I can bring them then

Enna Isilee said...

Ooh! Awesome. Dunno if I have anything you'd be interested in, though. Let me know!

Kelly aka yllektra(I Work For Books) said...

OMG, I think I massively squealed when I saw your list, you lucky girl!!!
I mean Wolfsbane, Haunting Violet, The Water Wars, Divergent, Cryer's Cross, The Sky is Everywhere.....
*faints*
I cannot wait for the reviews! XDD