Thursday, September 2, 2010

book review: Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer

pub date: August 16, 2007 
pages: 182
publisher: Speak
source: library

from goodreads:
Junior high really sucks for thirteen-year-old Vladimir Tod. Bullies harass him, the principal is dogging him, and the girl he likes prefers his best friend. Oh, and Vlad has a secret: his mother was human, but his father was a vampire. With no idea of the extent of his powers, Vlad struggles daily with his blood cravings and his enlarged fangs. When a substitute teacher begins to question him a little too closely, Vlad worries that his cover is about to be blown. But then he faces a much bigger problem: he's being hunted by a vampire killer.

my review:
A fun book. For a younger audience than I usually enjoy reading. I didn't find it as fast pace as I usually like books. It took me over a week to finish since I kept picking up other books between chapters. But fun. Vlad is a great character trying to survive middle school (ugh) as a boy, but also a vampire. His aunt is great. I loved Henry. He's a great best friend. Though I don't know if I'll read another in The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, I am definitely curious about what is going to happen next. Anyone want to give me some spoilers?

No comments: