Saturday, September 25, 2010

book reference

Last night I went up into the canyon with some friends to have a bonfire and tin foil dinners. I was already hungry and after eating my dinner I was still hungry. So I made a second (which I burned in my impatience). Yeah, still hungry. So when I got home I ate two bowls of Special K cereal. Even after that, I went to bed hungry. As I lay in bed, it definitely reminded me of Katnis and her hollow days. Though I'm sure I ate way more by lunch than she ever got in 24 hours. Still

On the way up the canyon my friend Bex was talking about teeth. (By way of explanation, she works in a dentists office). After teeth she moved on to dentures. For some reason it reminded me of Unwind by Neal Shusterman (I'm a big fan. He's awesome). I began to regal everyone with the intricacies of unwinding, how they wouldn't need dentures, they could just got brand new teeth. (Well, used teeth, but they were only 10 years old, so practically new). And they would have no need for glasses or contacts, because they could just get new eyeballs from a 16-year-old. Bazaar conversation, I know.

I just find it fun when life reminds me of books. Especially when I get to talk about them.  

No comments: