Thursday, September 23, 2010

booking through thursday (4)

booking through thrusday is a weekly meme hosted over at booking through thursday. This weeks question is:

What are you reading right now? What made you choose it? Are you enjoying it? Would you recommend it?

I am reading Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi.

Utah has a state book award for teens and children called the Beehive Award. This year I am on the committee to decide on the top ten book for teens to vote on in the 2011-2012 year. (I can hardly believe I'm thinking of 2012 already. eek!) Teens decide the winner. Ship Breaker is on the list of 70 books the committee has picked and I am reading it see if I think it should be one of the top 10. Many people read the books, I'm just one of them. (Can I just say I'm super excited to be on this committee? So much fun!)

I'm only on page 60 right now. I'm enjoying it.

Recommend? Yes. It is amazingly well written. Super original world building depicting a rather bleak future in America's Gulf Coast. I am excited to find out where it's going!

1 comment: