Thursday, September 2, 2010

booking through thursday (two weeks later...)

This meme was on Booking Through Thursday a few weeks ago. I wanted to fill it out sooner, but I haven't had a chance. It's long, so I didn't answer all of the questions.


1. Favorite childhood book?
I have a lot of them, so here's just a few: Mara Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw, Dark Horse by Mary Herbert,  and Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster.

2. What are you reading right now?
Wolves, Boys, and Other Things That Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler

4. Bad book habit?
Checking out too many books from the library at one time! I don't get a chance to read enough of them.

6. Do you have an e-reader?
No. If I do ever get one, it wont be for a while. I love the actual book. Even if I did have an e-reader, I'd probably have to buy the book twice so that I could have the actual book on my bookshelf.  

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
It usually takes me 1-3 days to finish a book so there really isn't a point. Though occasionally I do read mulitiple books at once. Usually if I've lost interest in a book and want to try another.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Yes, because I'm blogging instead of reading.

9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
The Owl Keeper by Christine Brodien-Jones

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Bruiser by Neal Shusterman and Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan


11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Not very.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Pretty much any genre of YA

13. Can you read on the bus?
I don't ride the bus, but I'm sure if I did I would. I like to read on road trips, as long as I'm not driving. Then I just listen to an audiobook.

14. Favorite place to read?
couch, snuggled in a blanket.

15. What is your policy on book lending?
Books are meant to be read, not sit on my bookshelf. Though I have lost books this way.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
No

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
no. but I do write on the title page, in pencil, where I got the book and date. I think it's fun to look back and see where I aquired books and when.

18. Not even with text books?
I don't have text books anymore! yippy-yay! But when I did have them, I did write in them. All the time.

20. What makes you love a book?
First, the characters. Next, the plot and pace.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I can't put the book down and obsess about what's going to happen when I do put it down and keep thinking about it long after I've finished it, I recommend it to anyone who will listen.

22. Favorite genre?
Anything YA, but I love dystopic and fantasy and realistic fiction

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Non-fiction

28. Favorite reading snack?
Almonds craisins craisins, maybe with chocolate chips.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I don't like to. So I usually don't.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Spanish. It would be so helpful!

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
30-20. I wish I could read them all! But I'm just not that fast. I do have a large selection to pick from, though

37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Every week

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
I have no idea. I usually have a book with me everywhere I go. It might take me a while to finish a book, but I'm always reading

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
The Lord of the Rings (though some things REALLY bugged me, I still love it)

45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. UGH!

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
My bookshelves are organized by size. Which causes a lot of random neighbors on my shelves.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
If it's a book I'll read over again, I keep. If it's one I wont read again, I give it away.

52. Name a book that made you angry.
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

No comments: