Thursday, July 29, 2010

review: Super Human by Michael Carroll BONUS booklist: clean books for boys

I'm putting together a clean reads book list for my library. Mild language, no blatant drugs, violence, or sex. I have a lot of books that are more geared towards girls, but realized that books boys would find appealing were absent. Mostly because I read the books geared towards girls. I want to stay away from mega popular books like Lightning Thief and I also want them published within the past few years.

So when Super Human by Michael Carroll came in for me at the library I was excited. Yay, another book idea! It would be great to add to my list. I had a hard time finding out about content in searching other blogs so I bumped it to the top of my to-read-list. It was great.
Michael Carroll--Philomel Publishers--May 13, 2010--336 pages

The Helotry, a group of super villians, have sent a virus throughout the world that has effected most adults, including adult superheroes. But no fear, four superhero teens come together to battle the Helotry and stop them from  bringing Krodin, the world's strongest and first super human, into the present from the past.

Exciting and fast moving story. Great action scenes. Great Characters. It's a great book which I am so excited to add to my booklist. Though I was a little disapointed in what happened on the last two pages.

Super Human is the prequel to Carroll's Quantum Prophecy series

other clean books on my list that are boy-ish:
The Gardener by S. A. Bodeen
The Loser's Guide to Life and Love by A. E. Cannon
The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
 Airman by Eoin Colfer
 Dark Life by Kat Falls
 Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Project Sweet Life by Brent Hartinger
The Last Thing I Remember by Andrew Klaven
 House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo
 Pillage by Obert Skye
 After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick
 The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
(not new, but one of my favorites EVER--I couldn't resist)
 Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

Do you have any ideas? I could sure use them!

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

These are all great ideas. I think finding books for teenage boys is the hardest of all.

I love the Lightning Thief series. It's by Rick Riordan.

I'm a new follower! Found you via the Hop!