Thursday, July 1, 2010

review: My Double Life by Janette Rallison

pub date: May 13, 2010
publisher: Putnam
pgs: 272 pgs
source: library
content: NO swearing,or drugs or sex

I have read all of Rallison's books and am a huge fan. I stayed up late last night to finish her newest YA novel, My Double Life. In this one Lexi has been told many times that she looks just like rock star Kari Kingsley. When she's asked to be Kari's double, she decides to accept against her mother's wishes. Though the money is a temptation, it isn't why Lexi decides to go to LA. She goes because she wants to meet the father she's never known. (Which I liked). And so her adventure begins.

The only thing I didn't like about this is that everytime Lexi talks about her boyfriend, Grant, she only mentions his good looks as incentive to dating him. Which was really superficial and kind of got on my nerves.

anyway...
What I like so much about Rallison's heroines are their strong personalities, their sense of family, their morals. I can pick up any of her books and know that they're clean and fun and hilarious.

My favorite Rallison is Just One Wish, which also has a famous love interest and a regular girl, but the situations are so funny. I was laughing out loud and I love books that make me laugh out loud.

I LOVE Janette Rallison's books.

No comments: