Tuesday, July 20, 2010

review: The Julian Game by Adele Griffin

pub date: August 26, 2010
publisher: Putnam Juvenile
pgs: 208 pgs
source: ALA conference

Going to the ALA exhibits hall is so exciting. Getting all those books. It's exciting to pack them away in my suitcases and take them home. Put them on my book shelf. But then it's just overwhelming--having all those books crying out to be read but not knowing where to start. Especially when I have 20 books checked out on my library card that I want to read, too.


I picked this book up out of my stacks because of the author's excitement. I met her; got her autograph. While I was standing in line and when I was talking to her, the enthusiasm for this book made me want to read it. So I did.


And I liked it. I love books that surprise me. And this one did.

Here is the beginning of the blurb from Amazon: All new girl Raye Archer wants is a way into the in crowd, so when ice-queen Ella Parker picks her to get back at her ex, the gorgeous Julian Kilgarry, Raye is more than game. Even if it means creating a fake Facebook identity so she can learn enough about Julian to sabotage him. Its a fun and dangerous thrill at first, but Raye hadnt counted on falling for Julian herself and igniting Ella's rage.



There is one heavy makeout scene which seemed out of place to me. I like romantic makeouts, and this one wasn't romantic. Which might have been the point.

No comments: