Tuesday, March 8, 2011

teaser tuesday: Chime by Franny Billingsley

I haven't done teaser in a while, but I love the first lines of Franny Billingsley's novel, Chime. So I had to join in.
Isn't that wonderful? I'm not very far into the book, but so far I'm loving it!
I've confessed to everything and I'd like to be hanged. 
Now, if you please.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Follow the link to join in.

(I have a contest right now to win an ARC of Where She Went by Gayle Forman. Check it out HERE. It's waaaaaay at the bottom, after the rambly review and apples.)

Chime blurb from goodreads:
Before Briony's stepmother died, she made sure Briony blamed herself for all the family's hardships. Now Briony has worn her guilt for so long it's become a second skin. She often escapes to the swamp, where she tells stories to the Old Ones, the spirits who haunt the marshes. But only witches can see the Old Ones, and in her village, witches are sentenced to death. Briony lives in fear her secret will be found out, even as she believes she deserves the worst kind of punishment.
 Then Eldric comes along with his golden lion eyes and mane of tawny hair. He's as natural as the sun, and treats her as if she's extraordinary. And everything starts to change. As many secrets as Briony has been holding, there are secrets even she doesn't know.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Great teaser! I was unsure about this book but you have totally made me want to get it.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-9.html

Jennifer said...

Fantastic teaser! My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-the-queens-lover.html

Karen and Gerard said...

Good teaser!

Here's ours if you get a chance to stop by: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/03/tuesday-teasers-3-this-week.html

Lindsay Cummings author said...

i'm a new GFC follower! love the blog and i'm excited to read more! i can't wait for this one!! =]

follow me?!

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-covers-make-or-break.html