Friday, March 18, 2011

library cameo: chime

I haven't done one of these in a while. It's just me sharing mentions of a library or librarian that I find in books. They're mentioned quite often in books, and only since working in a library the past few years have I begun to notice.

Today's cameo is from Franny Billingsley's novel Chime which came out yesterday. My review is here. I enjoyed it. The language was just beautiful. As shown in this paragraph from page 41 (of the ARC).
 "I fixed my gaze on the bookshelves. Before the flood, they'd been filled with a rainbow of fairy tale books and dog-eared Latin histories and all the novels of Jane Austen and Charles Dickens and the Bronte sisters (except that sniveling Anne). Now they were empty, begging hands. The flood had turned the books into bloated corpses that had to be shoveled up and hauled away in barrows."

No comments: