Monday, February 28, 2011

library(an) cameo: Back When You Were Easier to Love

I love when I read a book and libraries and librarians are a part of the plot. Or even just mentioned. And it happens quite a lot, especially YA. Probably because writers are readers and libraries are a depository of books. They're awesome! Just look at the cover...

Emily Wing Smith knows how to catch my attention. This is the very first page of her new book, Back When You Were Easier to Love (from the ARC)

"Over the summer my best friend, Mattia, and I were the token teenage patrons of Haven Public Library...Honestly, I think Mattia went less because she liked to read and more because she liked to make fun of a library with a set of encyclopedias claiming that Hawaii had yet to become a state...But I loved the library simply because it was a library. I love libraries. I like reading, but I love libraries."
Me, too!

No comments: