Monday, May 16, 2011

a (very) short sarah dessen event recap

Over the weekend Sarah Dessen came to Salt Lake. It was really exciting for me. She is an author that I've been a fan of for six years, ever since I found The Truth About Forever while browsing the library YA section. It is still my favorite Dessen novel, and I've read them all.

I never thought I'd have the chance to meet Sarah Dessen. This is Utah. So it was fun to attend her event with a lot of other fans at The King's English. There were some really good questions asked and Sarah Dessen was very fun to listen to, and not only because of her accent. She is a funny lady. And extremely charismatic.

I love to go to author events, but even on a normal day I don't talk well with strangers. So to approach an author and hand them a book...I never know what to say in that space of time. And what I do say always sounds so inane. I will refrain from sharing the gorey details, but with the six books I brought to be signed, I was standing there for a while, all the while spewing nonsense.

Anyway, super fun. I am so glad I was able to attend.

And I now have a signed ARC of What Happened to Goodbye that I'll be giving away later this month. So stay tuned!

No comments: